In today’s fast-paced healthcare world, patients’ problems are often treated using temporary resolutions or masked rather than truly resolved. At Hearing and Balance Center, Dr. Bruce Piner stands by his commitment to get to the root of each patient’s hearing or balance concerns. When you come to our clinic, you can rest assured that we won’t stop until we achieve an accurate diagnosis and find the best solution for effective treatment. As we work toward this solution, we aim to build a relationship that promotes lasting health, healing and happiness. We call this important process the Pathway to Recovery.
Each patient’s Pathway to Recovery is different, but they all begin and end in the same place.
Your journey begins with your first appointment at our hearing and balance center, and it ends when we’ve found the best solution possible for your individual needs. No matter how big or small your problem may seem, Dr. Piner is committed to working with you to find a real solution that satisfies your needs. For some patients, this may happen in just one visit; for others, the road to recovery may be a bit longer.
As we travel down your Pathway to Recovery, we will pass many milestones. Here’s a basic guide to what you can expect when you visit Hearing and Balance Center.
- Establishing the reason for your visit. Piner understands the importance of listening to your concerns. He will sit down with you as you explain your concerns, symptoms and thoughts, then he will ask you questions about your past and current health and wellbeing.
- Making an accurate diagnosis. It’s impossible to find a solution without understanding the scope of the problem; so, spending time to achieve an accurate diagnosis is vital. During this step, you may undergo a physical examination and/or hearing or vestibular testing.
- Explaining your options. Most hearing and balance problems can be treated in more than one way, and we think patient input is vital in finding a treatment plan that is both effective and satisfactory. Based on your diagnosis, Dr. Piner will explain your treatment plan options, help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of each and answer any questions you have.
- Beginning your treatment plan. We believe in creating a treatment plan that sets you up for long-term success. This may happen right away, or it may require us to try a few different solutions, educate you about your treatment plan or provide counseling about your expectations and treatment strategy.
- Fine-tuning your treatment plan. Finding the perfect treatment solution may not happen instantaneously, and Dr. Piner will work with you to make adjustments until you’re fully satisfied. In some cases, these adjustments may require patients to visit us for a follow-up appointment.